Fried rice is a quick and delicious way to transform leftovers into something delicious! Though we sometimes think of certain ingredients being typical (eggs, garlic, soy) the only thing you need to make fried rice is heat, rice, and oil. Anything else you add is up to you.
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 3 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. peeled and minced ginger (from a 1″ piece)
- 4 Cup cooked Hello Long Grain Rice
- 3/4 Cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Beat egg with 2 teaspoons water and a large pinch salt and add to skillet. Cook, stirring to form large soft curds, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil, the carrots, and whites of the green onions. Cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add rice, peas, and cooked eggs to skillet. Pour in soy sauce and cook, stirring until heated through, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the remaining green onions.