Schezwan Fried Rice
Schezwan fried rice is a zesty vegetarian and vegan stir-fried rice variant that features a bold and spicy homemade schezwan sauce loaded with healthy mix vegetables, aromatics and herbs.
Schezwan Fried Rice is a hearty, satisfying dish that is easy to make and customize to your preferences. It’s a popular Chinese-based recipe that’s been adapted around the world, and is made using a number of different ingredients.
- 2 Cups Cooked rice
- 4 Spring Onions sliced
- 2-3 Spring Onion greens for garnish
- 1 Carrot cut into juliennes
- 5-6 french beans cut into juliennes
- 5-6 Mushrooms sliced
- ½ Cups Bell Peppers cut into strips
- For the Sauce!
- 1 Celery stick finely chopped
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Now take a wok or karahi add 2 tbsp of oil and add sliced ginger and spring onion, cook them for about a minute.
- Now add rest of the vegetables and stir fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes so that veggies are slightly brown on the sides.
- Now add soy sauce and schezwan sauce, also add rice vinegar to the wok and toss every thing well.
- Taste and season it with required salt to your taste and add black pepper to your taste. Add cooked rice to the wok and toss them well.
- Garnish the schezwan fried rice spring onion greens and serve hot.
- Rice Selection : Use Hello Mongra Rice to make kheer.
- Use full-fat milk to make this recipe for best result.
- You can skip adding saffron if you wish to.
- Soaking Rice : Soaking the rice is very important so do not miss this step.
- Cook it on low heat and in a heavy bottom pan.
- Keep stirring after regular intervals. Make sure the malai doesn’t get stuck at the corners of the pan. It should combine with the rice and milk and regular stirring will make sure of that.
- You can fry the dry fruits in little ghee before adding them to the kheer. It will give a different flavor.